Posted By Kathleen David on August 17, 2013
In two weeks I will be in the thick of Dragon Con.
I have talked about things for the convention and things at the convention so today I am going to touch on things to do before the convention.
So at less than two weeks out here are some of the things I do and think about.
1) Start gathering your paperwork including your proof of hotel reservation, airline or/and car reservations, your badge paperwork, any receipts for things you are going to pick up at the convention or photo ops and the like.
2) Check to make sure you have enough of your vitamins/supplements/medicines for the convention. Especially your medicines. If you need to get refills or script for refills, start now. Running out of things you need is a bad idea.
3) Start making your packing list. In fact start setting aside/packing the items you are taking with you that you don’t need in daily life. I have started my sewing kit and double-checking my make-up kit. We have gathered some stuff that Caroline wants to get autographed.
4) Have you been breaking in your shoes? Blisters are NOT your friend at Dragon Con.
5) Start gathering the phone numbers of the people you are connecting with at the convention. Start figuring out where you are meeting up with people. (If you are trying to find me, Peter’s table in Artist Alley is a good start, my panels are as well, and I will also be helping out at the Puppeteers Table.)
6) Start figuring out what you want to see. The tentative schedule is up on the App. Not all the panels are there. Also if you are doing the walk of fame, look at the guest list and figure out who you want to see and then budget for it both time and money.
7) Get those costumes done! Paint needs time to dry as does glue. (Yes, I am the worst offender in this and I know it)
8) Get ready to have some fun.
Please feel free to add anything I have missed or that you do to get ready for a convention.
I am grateful for everything that I have gotten done and in place.