Posted By Kathleen David on March 29, 2011
I finished the Fabric Postcards this week. Took me a little long, all right a lot longer, to do than I thought it would.
So here is the final product which went into the mail yesterday.
(For the Visually Impaired: In the picture are three postcards. Two fronts of the postcards and one back of the postcard. The back of the postcard is white with brown thread on the edges and a stamp with a line and bubble pattern in the middle of the card if you hold it horizontally. The front of the postcard has a vertical version and a horizontal version of the same picture. The top of the card is blue with small dots in a splatter pattern of gold and white. The bottom is green like grass. In the middle of the card is a stump with roots trailing off from the stump. The roots have new plant growth emerging. In the blue starry sky is a moon with the face of a woman in the left hand corner. There are a couple of traditional stars stamped onto the fabric as well)
I learned a lot while making these. I don’t quilt much so this made me rethink how I can put fabric together for this sort of thing. I would probably do it again but at least this time I have some idea how much time each would take.
Next is a rabbit for a swap and my Steampunk Doll which is finally coming together in my head. Those I hope to have done by next Tuesday.
I am grateful I got this project done.